Re: [Phys-l] software needed

This is most amazing as, unless you didn't completely remove bleed thru, the non linearity that creates the beat is in the brain and not mechanical or cochlea. Not what I'd long believed.

However, the following site, on skimming, suggests both. It's unusual in that one may test it oneself!

http://webphysics.davidson.edu/faculty/dmb/wmpviz/beats/beats.htm

It gets rather complicated:

http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

Wiki's version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

and the first "hit".

http://web-us.com/thescience.htm

which appears to be ......

bc, surprised no one else responded to this.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover wrote:

I've gone looking for this software myself. Here's what

cut

That reminds me of an interesting discovery I found one
day. I set up TTG to make play 150 Hz to the left side of a
stereo signal and 152 Hz to the right side of the stereo
signal. The beat frequency was very loud and easy to
discern. It was pretty cool to be able to turn the balance
on the amp left and right and hear the beats come and go.

I was annoying my colleagues though, so I put on
headphones. And I could still hear the beats!
I was amazed so I tried some experiments. I thought maybe
the left and right were bleeding across to the other side,
but each ear piece sounded uniform by itself. Then I
wondered if the sound went all the way through my head, so
I lowered the volume to the threshold of my hearing, I
could still hear the beats.
I think that this amazing.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover

As John Denker mentioned, there are many good

--- Josh Gates-fac <Josh_Gates-fac@nobles.edu> wrote:

The application SoundCheck is fairly good for most of
the applications
that I have in mind, but not all. The oscilloscope
nature doesn't fulfill

cut