From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard
Cleyet
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:07 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Cc: Sam Smith, Progressive Review
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] And now, something completely different (Humor at
the expense of economists)

Good one!

I've never heard it -- only, "The buck stops here."

bc, who confused NSA w/ NASA.

Polvani, Donald G. wrote:

At the risk of repeating a story everyone has already heard, Harry
Truman is reported to have said he wanted only economists with one arm
to be hired for his administration. When asked why, he remarked: "That
way they can't say, 'but, Mr. President, on the other hand'".

Don Polvani
Northrop Grumman Corp.
Oceanic and Naval Systems
Annapolis, MD