Re: [Phys-l] Relationships versus relations

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Gene Mosca wrote:

In the messages listed below "relationship" appears 17 times while
"relation" appears only twice. (Some of these appearances are A
relationship is a relation between people. Equations are relations, not
relationships. Right?

Gene

wrong: from the dictionary of English usage,

1) relationship. The Columbia Guide to Standard American English. 1993
...or marriage, and for any specifiable connection or association, such as in The economic relationship between these two countries is vital to each. But in recent years...

Regards,
Jack

Phys-l Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Equations (John Denker)
2. Re: Equations (Edmiston, Mike)
3. Re: Equations (Dan Crowe)
4. Re: Equations (John Denker)
5. Re: teaching different descriptions of "reality" (Jack Uretsky)
6. Re: Equations (Rick Tarara)
7. Re: Equations (John Denker)
8. Re: Equations (John Mallinckrodt)
9. Re: Equations (Jack Uretsky)
10. Re: Equations (Michael Edmiston)
11. Re: Equations (Rick Tarara)
12. Re: Equations (Dan Crowe)
13. Re: Equations (JMGreen)
14. Re: Equations (Larry Smith)
15. Re: Equations (Larry Smith)
16. Re: Equations (Edmiston, Mike)
17. TEXT ADVICE NEEDED (David Abineri)
18. Re: TEXT ADVICE NEEDED (Kilmer, Skip)
19. Re: Equations (Bob LaMontagne)
20. Deltas in equations (Larry Smith)
21. Re: Equations (John Denker)
22. Re: Equations (John Clement)
23. Re: Equations (John Clement)
24. Re: Deltas in equations (Herbert Schulz)
25. Re: TEXT ADVICE NEEDED (Herb Gottlieb)