Re: [Phys-l] fire starter from the sun - revisited

(MIT, which I believe does qualify in
many peoples' opinion, including my own, as a source of scientific and
engineering expertise and class room examples).

http://web.mit.edu/2.009/www/lectures/10_ArchimedesResult.html

Don

BC

p.s. The URL above contains no data.

Folkerts, Timothy J wrote:

I wasn't specifically taking your comments as an endorsement of Myth
Busters. I just wanted to comment that I have found the quality of
science questionable on the show. I WOULD use it as a springboard for
discussion here (as you did!), but I would avoid it for classes since I
find more problems than I would want to explain and correct for
beginners. Much the same way that several people here have commented
that they don't cover misconceptions - concentrating instead on the
correct ideas directly.

Tim F