[Phys-l] Warped 2-metersticks....

I've recently noticed that my long 2-metersticks are becoming warped, even though I am careful to store them lying flat. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to correct this? Would taping or clamping them securely together over the summer help to straighten them out....or is this a lost cause?
We used to straighten out warped 2x4's by getting them good and wet and then screwing them down to the floor for a period of time. Would something similar work for the 2-metersticks? I'd appreciate any advice!
~ Ralph von Philp