Re: [Phys-l] Kirchoff revisited

| > However, (and this is a significant caveat),
| >
| > While now a generally valid statement it is now of limited
| > usefullness, because we note that this is not saying the
| >
| > Integral E DOT dl around the loop is zero for the general case and
| > therefore can not be related to volt meter readings.
|
| Relating it to voltmeter readings is easy. The voltmeter
| forms part of a loop:
| ____________________
| | | |
| | "B" | "A" |
| | | |
| VM source load
| | | |
| | | |
| |________|___________|

| It's true that applying the theorm to loop "A" doesn't tell
| you what you need to know, but applying it to loop "B" does.
|
| ===============================
|
| How many times have I said DRAW THE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM?

Many times :-)

PS.

Perhaps, I should have said that we can not naively relate it to volt
meter readings. I.e. I can't necessarily measure across the source then
load1 and then load2 and expect the readings to necessarily add to zero.

| |
| |
| load1
source |