[Phys-l] teaching DC circuits

I just realized that I do a very poor job of teaching DC circuits to my high school physics class. I have known for years that my students seem to get mechanics pretty well and struggle with a deep conceptual understanding of E&M. But after reading "A Unified Treatment of Electrostatics and Circuits" by Chabay and Sherwood and see my failings more clearly.

The document is located at http://www4.ncsu.edu/%7Erwchabay/mi/circuit.pdf for your reading.

Thanks to Bill Beatty and his website www.amasci.com for the link.

Justin Parke
Oakland Mills High School