Re: [Phys-l] current vector

At 07:38 PM 2/23/2006, John D., you wrote:
Robert Cohen wrote:

> If current is really a vector, that means that what we've been calling
> "current" is really the "magnitude of the current", correct?

Definitely not the magnitude. Magnitudes are always positive.
The scalar current can have either sign.

The scalar current is the _projection_ of the current vector onto
some chosen basis vector.
_

Which reminds me - a young man once measured that the
current vector in a linear conductor shows acceleration,
so that an edge potential shows up....

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!