Re: [Phys-l] expand your mind

Use another comparable model. A can of polyurethane foam.
If you spray a ring of that foam and wait, the inner edges may
close up, and touch. A question of a plastic material yielding to
a motivating gas.

Brian Whatcott

At 11:41 AM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
I know why the metal hole expands. Why does the bagel hole contract?

Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> on