Re: [Phys-l] geometry of spacetime (was: relativisitic mass ...)

John,
I agree that the limitation is not on traveling between places, it is on
traveling between events. He arrives (in your table) at an earth time of
3.6x10^10 yrs after take-off. He cannot arrive (with the given parameters)
at any event earlier than what is then occurring at his destination (he has
missed his luncheon date :)

Right. I overspoke in saying that relativity places NO meaningful limits on travelers. There certainly is a "meaningful limit" on getting to the church on time!

--
John "Slo" Mallinckrodt

Professor of Physics, Cal Poly Pomona
<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm>