Re: [Phys-l] RC Discharge

Mike wrote
I also agree with all four of Bob's diagrams. However, please note that
the thing that got me off on this was my son asking about Serway/Jewitt.
The Serway/Jewitt diagram is *exactly* Bob's third diagram. (Same
capacitor placement, same resistor placement, same +/- signs on
capacitor, same current arrow.) But the Serway analysis is -q/C - IR =
0 and I = +dq/dt.

The Touchpads operate by sensing the capacitance of a finger, and the fingers get charged and discharged and sometimes one may feel uncomfortable? Perhaps, we can use these equations to explain the senations of fingers...

Alphonsus