Re: [Phys-l] heat loads

another "law": Newton's law of cooling.

2) There is a body of opinion that prefers not to massage data
in order to run a straight line through it.
The least squares fit exaggerates the weight of the cool end.
Better in my view to run a non linear lms fit.

This seems much work. I prefer to massage by using my calibrated outlier removal judgment.
The first reference I found suggested least trimmed squares might be better?

bc, eliminates outliers one by one until happy.

p.s. got any suggested programs for power mac?