[Phys-L] Re: What students will do. (was: Physics Solutions Manual)

Thanks, George.

Even w/ a free text some won't read it. The last week of my ten week
stint teaching Chem. at North High several of my "A" students admitted
they never opened the text except to do the assigned chapter end
problems. They said they got all they needed from my lectures. A left
handed compliment on my teaching?

bc, if he had the chance would now minimize the "direct" method

Spagna Jr., George wrote:

Bernard asks

p.s. George, did you readopt a text because their grades plummeted?

And Joel adds

Or because you got tired of listening to the complaints on student

evaluations?

Or, what was the reason?

It's a bit more complicated - top grades slipped a little, and more
students "fell off" the bottom of the distribution. More importantly,
it became clear that by not using a set textbook we were apparently

cut