[Phys-L] Re: Make and Take Ideas

As an example, last year I went the NSTA conference I Richmond Va. There was
a session run by the AAPT/PTRA. Simple, cheap, materials were passed out.
Participants followed some simple instructions, and using the tools
provided, made some demonstrations pieces. Several different pieces of
equipment were made. One of the "devices" we made was a waiters tray
(actually a piece of wood) with 4 strings attached to the corners. A glass
with filled with water was placed on the tray and it was swung around in a
vertical circle. This demonstrates the centripetal force pushing to the
center because you can't push with a rope. The devices are simple and cheap
so you can make many and participants can return home and make more.
-Tony