[Phys-L] Re: Another attack on Evolution

"It involves all of science teaching and if we aren't involved now, we sure will be
later, when they come for us."

You refer to Niemoeller?

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/niem.htm

bc

Hugh Haskell wrote:

At 11:18 -0500 1/23/06, Ken Caviness wrote:

Friends, I'm here for discussions about Physics, _not_ Biology. What
about you?

Could those contributing to this thread _please_ take this discussion to
a more appropriate forum? Pretty please with sugar on it?

As I said earlier, in response to another similar comment, if you
don't think this issue pertains to teaching physics, you haven't been
paying attention.

Evolutionary biology is just the current high-profile target. If they
win on this one, who do you think will be next? Who is it who talks
about a universe that is billions of years old? Who talks about the
earth forming from the debris of earlier exploded stars? Etc., etc.,
etc. This is not just a problem for the biologists. It involves all
of science teaching and if we aren't involved now, we sure will be
later, when they come for us.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams