[Phys-L] University teaching is not "a real job"

"... by becoming a professor, Kellner never had to actually leave the
theory-based fantasy world of college to pursue a real job."

The above brought to you by the Bruin Alumni Association, the org. that
will pay you $100/ class to record class lectures.

Right wing version:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-01-18-ucla_x.htm?csp=34

sl. more moderate:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ucla18jan18,0,4943877.story?

BAA site:

http://www.uclaprofs.com/profs/kellner.html

bc, who is surprised no one beat me to posting this -- I heard about it
several days ago.

p.s. this list has drifted from "straight" Physics. A necessary
reaction to the Zeitgeist? At least an off the cuff remark won't get
one jailed, as did in Nazi Germany, yet, in California. Note what
happened to a Florida Prof.