[Phys-L] Re: Another attack on Evolution

Midshipmen and Cadets who published yearbooks with perforated pages -
namely the pages with pictures of black and/or Jewish graduates....

This sounded surprising to me, so I did a quick web search and found the
following.

http://www.usna.edu/JMC/JudaicExperienceThesis.pdf
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1983/jul-aug/s
chratz.html

Apparently there were two incidents at the Naval Academy (none that I
found at West Point). Both sources refute the two incidents as being
motivated by anti-Semitism.

For instance...
"In the 1932 incident, a younger brother entered the Academy as a plebe
when his bother was a senior. An athlete and popular student, he
experienced no hostility, confessing to the writer that even the family
could not get along with the older brother."

and

"The evidence against Olmsted's motives being anti-Semitic is strong.
After all, he did not place any of the other sixteen Jewish midshipmen,
including Hyman Rickover, on a perforated page ..."

Tim Folkerts