[Phys-L] Forthcoming PHYS-L list relocation

Within the next 10 days, a colleague and I intend to relocate PHYS-L
from the Northern Arizona University (NAU listserv) infrostructure to
a new site on the MailMan server at the State University of New York
University at Buffalo (SUNY-UB) physics department.

I believe this transition will represent a significant upgrade in list
archiving, incorporating the use of post-ASCII symbols (UTF8)
for mathematical equations, and reliability and support. For instance,
the complete archives will immediately be available once more.

The move should be transparent to the majority of PHYS-L readers;
you will simply have your electronic subscriptions relocated
to the new site and the old ones closed en mass by myself and a UB
postdoc. For some of you with multiple subscriptions (for posting
from home or the lab or your office) there may be brief difficulties
with multiple subscription accounts. We'll do our best to make
those changes transparent as well and will call on you to test such.

Thanks for your continuing patience,

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>