[Phys-L] Re: 'hyperspace' engine

"He also reflected the prevailing social atmosphere."

Right, just my point about Star Trek.

bc, seen one movie and that's about it ... so talking thru absorbed
assumptions.

John Clement wrote:

And look at the price for an out of print paperback.

There is no doubt that Disney was conservative. He did oppose unions and
was forced into accepting them. However, I think a good assessment is that
he liked animation and was able to make big bucks from it. He also
reflected the prevailing social atmosphere. He was also forced by censors
to remove realistic body parts from some of his cartoons. In balance, he
may have had a beneficial effect on race relations because his cartoon
characters brought up issues of problems with association between different
species and colors. But doing it in the context of animals in a cartoon
disarms the critics while getting the message across.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX