[Phys-L] Re: World Jump Day

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> on Sunday, January
1, 2006 at 8:54 PM -0700 wrote:
One of the interesting suggestions was from a blogger who said the effect
would be enhanced by jumping off of a high bridge or building. I think
the
improvement he is thinking of is removing the gullible from the gene pool.

I was wondering (not at all seriously) what would happen if all
600,000,000 would gather in Texas and at noon jump up at about 11.3 km/s.
(Ignoring air resistance, of course) ;-)

Happy New Year

Ken Fox