[Phys-L] Re: judge rejects i.d. in PA case

At 16:28 -0500 12/20/05, John Denker wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens next. It seems a safe bet
that the ID partisans won't just give up.

This is an interesting decision. The judge is a G. W. Bush appointee
to the federal bench. And he could have just called the case moot and
said nothing about the issues when the composition of the Dover
School Board change from pro- to anti-ID last month. I suspect that
he has riled some of the Prez's folks something fierce.

But will it be appealed? I wouldn't bother if I was on the Dover
School Board now. And I don't know who else can appeal it, since the
defendants and the plaintiffs in this strange case are now pretty
much the same people. We may have to await the day when the issue is
brought in a more stable district, or somewhere that the proponents
of ID teaching aren't quite so stupid as many of the former DSB
members seem to have been.

Getting rid of a school board that was clearly not as intelligent
(were *they* designed?) as most of the students whose education they
were supposed to supervise may have been the best thing to come out
of this case.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams