From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:52 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: Another Shot Fired in the War Against Science.

"... Another Shot in Defense of Science ..."

We certainly need them.

Look what's in store for us if we don't get out the machine guns:

"Faculty members, too, must sign a pledge stating they share a
generally literalist belief in the Bible. Revealingly, only biology
and theology teachers are required to hold a literal view specifically
of the Bible's six-day creation story. Bonicelli has stated, 'I think
the most important thing is our academic excellence, [and the fact
that we] combine it with a serious statement about our faith and
values ... I believe in six literal days, but I remain open to someone
persuading me otherwise.'"

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_ID=10&article_ID=20366&c
ateg_id=5

bc, who, when he hears ID, reaches for his pistol.

p.s. Just in case there is any doubt. I do not own or have available a
fire arm and never intend to; even turned down a gift rifle from my
mother. The above post IS FIGURATIVE.

Brian Whatcott wrote:

On a point of order:

I say this is rightly titled,