[Phys-L] Re: Measuring the Earth's Radius

At 09:28 AM 11/24/2005, Ken Fox, you wrote:

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> on Wednesday,
November 23, 2005 at 12:00 PM -0700 wrote:
The following will be an exercise for a local astronomy club.

It does my heart good to see others taking delight in such things.

I have taken data for successive sunrise times on two days as I drive west
across the country in the summer. The sun rises about an hour later in
Topeka Kansas than it did the day before east of Indianapolis.

Happy Thanksgiving all

Ken Fox

Hmmm...Topeka N39 04 W095 37
Indianapolis N39 46 11 W086 09 26

That's a trip of 9 deg 27 min of longitude and 42 min of latitude south.
I guess Ken means well to the east of Indianapolis for a start point?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!