[Phys-L] Re: Critical Phenomena: Feynman Vol. 2: Fig. 36-15

" I'll get back to you if I find anything."

I'll appreciate that also.

bc

John Denker wrote:

Steven Ratliff wrote:

Would you please help me with
a question. I looked at Feynman's figure 36-15 ("spontaneous
magnetization as a function of temperature for Nickel"). However, I did
not see a systematic variation. The first and seventh data points are on

cut

as a power series in M (let
alone vice versa).

Additional data (and additional theoretical insight) comes from studying
other observables, for instance the heat capacity, which does funny
non-Taylor-expandable things near T=Tc.

I spent a few minutes trying to find an accessible tutorial on
renormalization group -- without success. I'll get back to you if
I find anything.