[Phys-L] Re: Refilled Printer Ink Jet Cartridges OK?

On Nov 4, 2005, at 8:45 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

May I have the benefit of list members' experience with:

3) Do-it-yourself refill kits.

Avoid like the plague! Our tech person ruined several HP printers
using these money saving devices. I tried to fill them myself with no
luck. Once spilled/leaked ink gets into the mech., it's a goner. Ink
seems to ruin the rubber on the tractor wheels and gum up the slides.
Cleaning is not a practical option.

I also noticed that quality went way down with the refills that did
work. I would guess that the jets have a finite life.

If you can find the "ink saver/print lighter" feature, it does make a
big difference. For some reason most print drivers will not allow
this preference to set permanently on - go figure.

Scott

Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy