[Phys-L] Re: A novel voting system

1) The "novel voting system" being discussed here is so underspecified
that it cannot be considered a "system" at all. I would say please
spell out the details, but actually I'm not interested in seeing the
details, for the following reasons:

2) In theory, for each negative voting system, there exists a positive
voting system that is capable of achieving the same results.

Hint: addition is commutative. There's a gauge symmetry.

3) In practice, a purely negative voting system just increases the
amount of work the voter must do to achieve the same result, especially
if there are hordes of crackpots and spoilers running for each office
(as there surely would be under most such systems, since they would
have some chance of being elected, since being overlooked suffices).