----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Edmiston" <edmiston@BLUFFTON.EDU>

I don't understand the comments about air pressure having to build up to
provide braking. Unless things have changed since I did a lot of
driving with air brakes, the braking pressure comes from springs, and
the air pressure is required to release the brakes. Air-pressure
failure results in the brakes begin applied rather than resulting in no
brakes. I believe this is the way it works on buses, trucks, as well as
trains.