[Phys-L] Re: Natural Gas vs Electricity

Rick,

That is a fantastic utility bill. Is that the high winter bill? What
is the age of you town house and do you have any ideas as to how well
insulated and sealed it is?

I suspect that we are not too much colder than northern Indiana (though
I'd have to look up the heating-degree days; IIRC which I may not, we
are around 5000 and something). But our cold month sometimes never gets
above freezing with low temps of (-20,-10) F for 4-weeks. Last winter
we had a bit warmer of a winter and our high bill was $220. (I'd have to
look up the CCF used, a more useful number for comparison)

It's a 3000 sq. ft. house (including the heated tuck under garage) and
was built in 1963. That bill also includes a some air flow issues that
may have been partially alleviated in a recent repairman visit.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293