[Phys-L] Re: Gasoline storage can cap

Thanks to the several people on this list serve who offered to help me
find a suitable
replacment cap for my 6 gallon plastic gasoline can.

Being unable to find one and unwilling to throw the can away, I just
made a close
fitting cap that is as good or even better than the original cap. I
covered the
neck of the opening in the gas can with several layers of Reynolds wrap
aluminum foil
and secured the foil with an ordinary adjustable hose clamp. The whole
thing now
screws on the to the gas can, holds tightly, and is easy to remove and
replace.
It should last for several years.

Herb

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:08:40 -0700 "Shapiro, Mark"