[Phys-L] Re: Aristotelian thinking among modern students

Rick, how would you know the reading skills are bad ;-)

Students have to actually read the book to find out if the skills are
bad or not.

(a bit of a vent on my part, I suppose, but that is what the "teacher's
lounge" err, umm Phys-L is for in part.)

More seriously, I had a student in my office Wednesday, who is
struggling and actually asked me with a straight face if I thought it
would be helpful if they started reading the sections in the textbook.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293