[Phys-L] Re: Kitzmiller vs DASD (comments on day 1)

here's (one of?) the plaintiffs web sites:

http://www.aclu.org/evolution/

bc

p.s. this was a link in a letter asking me to write the plaintiffs in
support.

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Hi all-
I've read the first day transcript. Two VERY good attorneys are
face-to-face. The burden on defendants is not very high; they make their
case, in part, by showing that there are grounds for criticism of current
teaching of evolution. They plan to do this by obtaining admissions from
plaintiffs' experts.
Defendants' principal handicap is their Christian background.
They are trying hard to keep out evidence that Intelligent Design is a
part of a Christian conspiracy to permit teaching of religion in public
schools.
Miller, plaintiffs' first expert, gives substantial evidence that
defendants' theory of irreducible complexity is nonsense. A danger is
that, while he may convince the judge, an Appellate Court may take a
different view. This is all very exciting for me to watch - and,
unfortunately, may be two time-consuming for me to keep up.
Regards,
Jack