[Phys-L] Re: Aristotelian thinking among modern students

I like to think I had something to do w/ it.

One of my Santa Barbara x's degreed at SLO city U. She'd say she was
going to SLO city to whatever. I've several times written SLO city and
Calpoly slo city, to differentiate from the one where the IP writes.

bc, who's met Slo John at AAPT mtngs there.

p.s. I think he's got a great ADV. Lab program there.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

1) I hope that somebody planing to write a really innovating
Introductory Physics textbook pays attention to some of our threads.
Most textbooks are essentially similar because authors (and publishers)
do not want to take a chance. On the other hand, a really innovating
text is needed. An author and publisher willing to take a chance might
be able to produce something that is not only useful but profitable as
well.

2) I am puzzled by the "Slo" in your signature file John. It wasn't
there last year. What does it represent?

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.