[Phys-L] Re: SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM, SPAM-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM, LOVELY SPAM, WONDERFUL SPAM

Thanks for bringing that up. I had mistaken the "spam" designation for the
agreed "OT" for "off topic" that allows such threads to continue, and warns
others to delete if it bothers them.

While I certainly view with disdain the attempts to include "Creation Science"
or its offspring, "Intelligent Design" as deserving of equal time in the *
science* teaching environment, I am happy to see its discussion carry an
"interested parties only" rating for the listserve.

These are serious Professional Concerns issues which are rarely met head on in
committee or in Crackerbarrel sessions at meetings. Karl

Quoting John Mallinckrodt <ajm@CSUPOMONA.EDU>:

I have watched as the 'SPAM' designations on the subject line
have multiplied. Is this truly an evolution of the subject line
or is there an Intelligent Designer determining its course?

A little detective work reveals that each of the three currently
extant "SPAM" threads began with a message from James Mackey
responding to Bob Zannelli. My guess is that James' email client is
pegging Bob's messages as SPAM before they are delivered to James'
inbox.

--
John "Slo" Mallinckrodt

Professor of Physics, Cal Poly Pomona