[Phys-L] Re: Survey Meters

At 07:11 AM 10/19/2005, you wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Brian Whatcott wrote:

I see that this URL offers raw slabs of plastic scintillator,
apparently 2 inch thick, at $2 per sq inch.

<http://www.oetech.com/neutron14.html>

Moreover, I read that one has seen on offer at eBay,
PMTs suited to the purpose at $10 on occasion.

But I have one or two on the shelf, come to think of it.....

Then, the HT supply and processor still need to be found.
Now if a prior generation of Amateur Scientist author were still
alive and kicking, I would be reading "how to" details, right now....

Two professors at the University of Nebraska Lincoln are are
reconditioning detectors taken from the Chicago Air Shower Array. Part of
the project is to make new power supplies and a low cost data acquisition
card to interface with a pc.
You might try:
http://crop.unl.edu/
for details. They may have the power supply schematics and processor you
need.

Bruce Esser
Physics Teacher Something witty
Marian High School Should go here