[Phys-L] Re: A Third law question

At 8:00 AM -0500 10/12/05, Rick Tarara wrote:
Thanks to all for your suggestions. Many of these were part of the 30
minute dialog with the student, but there are (for me) some new ideas here
as well. I intend to pursue the deformation tact some more--by going
through a series of 'platforms' that will first clearly show deformation
when 'asked' to support a weight, then working up to where the deformation
is less visible, until it becomes invisible.

This is the tack Randy Knight takes in his textbook. See pages 101-102.

Larry