[Phys-L] Re: [SPAM-4.611] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

In a message dated 10/13/2005 10:56:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jmackey@HARDING.EDU writes:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
No. Humanists see Human rights in broader terms. The right of a fetu=
s {read BABY - liv ing being )

No read Fetus. Calling a collection of embryo cells a baby is a nice trick.
BTW real babies go without health care in America, doesn't seem to bother the
"pro-lifers" at all.

doesn't trump the rights of a women to =
have autonomy over her body (read KILL THE LIVING BABY ).

See Above

But it's p=
ure hypocrisy for most of the so called pro life crowd who can be fou=
nd warmly supporting war (Do ALL the pro life crowd warmly support t=
he war??),
===============================
I said most. This is probably true I haven't run a poll. You can tell these
types, they drive SUV's with flags and ribbons and Jesus fish.

===================================

the death penalty ( ditto?) as well as honoring the right=
of a stem cells over those of Human beings suffering from terrible d=
iseases and disabilities ( Actually I and many others that I know sup=
port such research with proper ethical and moral controls).
==============

Well, good but not so President Bible Boy and his Bible thumping fan club.

Their rea=
l motivation is opposition to women's rights (I guess since I oppose =
birth control abortions, I must also be opposed to women's right, eve=
n if I don't think that I am). Also they can be generally found supp=
orting politicians who reject the idea that poor children have a righ=
t to health care. The United States has one of the highest child mort=
ality rates among wealthy western countries because of this.(I'm not =
sure what this statement has to do with the above, other than an atte=
mpt to paint with a VERY broad brush anyone who holds a different vie=
w?)>.

My point is why is why aren't they so hot and bothered by this baby
question. What do you think?

Bob Zannelli