[Phys-L] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

Hello to Bob and many old PHYS-L friends. I have not subscribed to P=
HYS-L for a number of years, but I have not forgotten the many stimul=
ating discussions on this listserver. PHYS-L has been a wonderful im=
petus toward my continuing education in physics which is far from com=
plete. I re-subscribed yesterday for a specific purpose which is not=
unrelated to the problem of how to engage proponents of ID in meanin=
gful dialogue, the purpose of which, I must not disguise, is to disab=
use them of their manifold misconceptions. =20

Bob asks, "Why not start a movement toward fostering reason-based civ=
ility?" The seeds of such a movement have been sewn in, of all place=
s, forums on Peak Oil with which many of you are familiar. For the c=
onvenience of PHYS-L participants, who, presumable, understand the co=
nsequences of finiteness for an expanding economy, I will provide a l=
ist of Peak Oil URLs, after which I will ask my question in another =
post so as to start a new subject properly.

Tom Wayburn, Houston, Texas, http://tinyurl.com/ex48c/

P.S. I certainly am glad I used a spelling checker on PHYS-L. When =
I google my name dozens of old posts on PHYS-L come up and none on an=
y other listserver save one.

http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-57/iss-7/p47.html

http://www.peakoil.org/=20

http://ecoplan.org/