[Phys-L] Re: student mathematical capabilities

A question that quickly enters my mind, Are the kinds of things we would
put in a standards/outcomes statement already there in current Math
curricula standards/outcomes statements?

If so, then there is no need to generate such a statement, what needs to
be done, is for AAPT to reinforce the statement with the awsome prestige
of the organization.

Is there someone on the list who is knowledgable regarding the national
math standards, or for that matter, with a large state's standards (I'm
thinking California, New York, Texas, Illinois, . . . States with
clout.)