[Phys-L] Re: Quarters vs Semesters

| When we convert we had a pretty good collection full-year
| courses in the physical and mathematical sciences...
| First-year chemistry, calculus-based physics, calculus,
| organic chemistry, physical chemistry.
| These all went from 5-5-5 (qtrs) to 5-5 (sems), and that
| represents no change.\

If that is what happened then there was no change in lectures per year,
as long as your semester stuck to 15 weeks.

OTOH, I don't think that is what typically happens (though I haven't
collected unbiased data). I suspect that the norm is that 5-5-5 quarter
has gone to 4-4 semesters. (A few places have gone to something like
4-4-4 or 4-4-3, semesters)