-----Original Message-----
From: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On Behalf Of Rauber, Joel

In the quarter system school I went to, the intro physics
class had 5 exams plus a final exam. So we were tested about
every two weeks. If frequency of exams is good, I was
apparently in pedagogical heaven.

(Actually, it was a very good course, with an excellent
instructor, so we didn't mind the above average exam count
for my university in that
course.)

How many tests an instructor gives in a term, is way more
instructor dependent than quarter/semester system dependent,
so I don't think this sort of calculation is very relevant.
You can semester or quarter system courses with high or low
exam counts.