[Phys-L] Re: Piaget

Hi Joe-
I'll not repeat your posting.
1. "Ad hominem", as you probably know, means "to the person". It is a
logical fallacy to focus on the person who is the source of a contention
rather than on the merits of the contention itself. Schroedinger was a
physicist. It is an ad hominem argument to suggest that therefore it is a
waste of time to read his book <What is Life?> (and also a grave error).
2. As a practicing attorney, I carefully phrased my remark about Piaget.
It was not libelous.
3. Anlother benefit of doing research is that research is humbling. It
keeps reminding me of how hard it is to learn.
4. For more on Piaget, and difficulty people have in duplicating his
conclusions, see my earlier posting today.

Regards,
Jack