[Phys-L] Re: Math SAT

At 01:30 PM 8/31/2005, you wrote:
I am seeing all this wonderful news of an increase in the average SAT
from 518 to 520. Am I wrong or is this nothing hype. Isn't a change
of 2 points in the noise?

joe

Joe certainly knows that a small change to a big number can be highly
significant while a big change to a small number can be insignificant,
so I switch to interpreting shorthand, in this way:
Is is true that the ETS standardizes test material so well that a 0.5%
change is cause for significant rejoicing?

As you remark....probably not!

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!