[Phys-L] Re: Secularists lean politics. Was: Finally the secularists strike back

=20

"Bias against nonbelievers is the last civil rights struggle in which
blatant discrimination by politicians is viewed as acceptable
behavior," said Herb Silverman, president of the Secular Coalition fo=
America. "That situation is about to change."

Somehow this doesn't ring very true with me. Last year on our =
"secular, humanist campus" the student Christian organization came un=
der some very harsh criticism from both other students, and more disg=
usting to me, some faculty for chalking some Biblical quotes. Meanwh=
ile every other student club from the Republicans to the local Marxis=
ts chalk our sidewalks on a regular basis and receive no comment. I =
was so disturbed by the nature of which an religious student club was=
singled out for retribution I wrote a letter to both the campus pape=
r and the administration.
=20
I don't think it is the non-believers who are under attack on =
college campuses these days. Freedom *of* religion is what is under =
attack.
=20
=20
Mike Monce (perso=