[Phys-L] Re: compromise on ID ... or not

At 10:46 -0600 8/28/05, Jim Green wrote:

No one has
explained -- at least to me -- who "they" are or which ID teachings are
"evil." Who is the mystic secret organization -- "the ID guys"? And just
what are the teachings are you moaning about? All we hear is the
chant. "ID is not science." For my education would someone please explain
this -- _coherently_? I am beginning to feel that no one here knows --
certainly not the author of the above. There is just too much flailing and
posturing for a "scientific" discussion.

It seems to me that anyone who is interested in this subject would
have taken the time to find out something about it. Start by checking
the web site of the Discovery Institute, the home of most of the
effort to promote ID <http://www.discovery.org/>. Then chase down
Daniel Dennett's OP-ED in today's NYT (available if you are
registered with them, but unfortunately, I don't have the link--I was
sent a copy of the article without the link included).

There is so much information about this subject available on the web,
I find it difficult to believe that any interested spectator couldn't
find more than enough to make up his or her mind about it without
making much effort at all.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams