[Phys-L] Re: course goals

I'm real uneasy about describing problem solve as "apply equations to
word problems."
I don't know what you mean, concretely by number 4...those are all
the "weasel words" but perhaps it could replace 3 if it were more
concrete.
I don't think I'd tell students number 1, just get them there...you
are liable to bias them against having fun...you know how kids can be.
I like 5, but I don't think the scientific method is the way to
go...look at stuff written by Bob Park at the APS.
I really like 2 and 6.

hope that helps,

joe