[Phys-L] Re: ID defenders

I suspect JG also eyes all retrospective studies w/ suspicion.

If high energy Physics, which lends some confirmation to our belief in
stellar mechanisms * is experimentation, then Astron. is not solely
observational.

* e.g. hydrodynamics and fusion reactions.

Rauber, Joel wrote:

Is paleontology science?
Is astronomy science?

If not, what do we call those areas that have traditionally been put in
the scientific realm, but are in arenas where may only observe, but
perform no experiments? (only make inferences from observations of the
one experiment allowed us; i.e. the one that occurred in the past.)