[Phys-L] Re: ID defenders

At 05:37 PM 8/25/2005, R McDermott, you wrote:
///
Their claim is that at least some of those changes occur by
means that evolution cannot account for

Well, I can't say I'm up on all the prevailing arguments, but I have to
confess that I've NEVER heard that argument.

[Brian]
Let me float what may or may not be an Intelligent Design assertion
or two, to refresh you.
"Look at the splendor of the eye's design. How could that have
evolved - too complicated....?"

Not to nitpick, but have we observed an eyeless organism evolve an eye?

I don't recalling reading of such an evolution: an extra pair of wings,
extra probosces, even extra heads but not eyes from scratch.

I DID recently read of cave dwelling animals evolving permanently
closed eye-lids over their functional but useless eyes. Does this count?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!