[Phys-L] OT: Mocking the Faithful: was Breaking News in ID

If, as a Chinese philosopher suggested, the art of war is to take
the enemy off balance, while remaining collected onself, then
this might be a suitable weapon.

But as a person who has actually been exposed to a tutor who
was visibly respectful of people with religious convictions,
though this attitude was quite alien to my convictions at that time,
I can say that the abrasive mocking approach demonstrated here
will win no friends from the folks with religious propensities.

Yes, it does indeed correspond to the convictions of more than one
science teacher as to the proper attitude to the Divine.

But you are not to preach to the agnostic choir, if you hope to prevail
with the faithful, in my view. Rather, doing as you would be
done by, is usually a smart move.

Brian W