[Phys-L] 1984

FALSITY IS TRUTH
The postulate of constancy of the speed of light is false (A.
Einstein, "Relativity", Chapter 22), but the theory of relativity is true.

OBSCURITY IS POWER
C. Truesdell: « Clausius’ verbal statement of the second law makes no
sense.... All that remains is a Mosaic prohibition ; a century of
philosophers and journalists have acclaimed this commandement ; a century
of mathematicians have shuddered and averted their eyes from the unclean...
Seven times in the past thirty years have I tried to follow the argument
Clausius offers....and seven times has it blanked and gravelled me.... I
Cannot explain what I cannot understand. »
A. Eddington: «The law that entropy always increases, - the second law of
thermodynamics – holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of
Nature. If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the universe
is in disagreement with Maxwell’s equations – then so much the worse for
Maxwell’s equations. If it is found to be contradicted by observation –
well, these experimentalists bungle things sometimes. But if your theory is
found to be against the second law of thermodynamics I can give you no
hope ; there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation.»

SCIENCE IS MONEY
http://www.detnews.com/2005/business/0507/24/D04-256983.htm
http://einsteinplag.tripod.com/intro.html
http://www.ekkehard-friebe.de/wallace.htm