[Phys-L] Re: How to insert a hypertext transfer link. Was: Re: Leigh's reference

At 9:50 -0700 7/25/05, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

At the top of the window, find the URL address window. The left most
character is an icon. [A space (blank) is an icon.] "Click on it and
hold", i.e. "grab" it, drag it to your "composing" msg., and release.
I isolate it, I think unnecessarily, w/ CRLFs. This serves to
"highlite" it.

Tested w/ both safari (2.0) and Netscape (7.2) to a msg. composed w/
Netscape.

bc, who thinks, if this doesn't work w/ some version of windoze, you
deserve it.

There are some days when I feel stupider than others. Today seems to
be one of them. I have used this method of copying URLs in other
applications (most recently in the great new cataloging application
"Delicious Library" which will copy the relevant information from
Amazon into its data base if you drop the Amazon URL for the item
anywhere on the Delicious Library window), but it never occurred to
me to copy URLs into e-mail messages before. I just tried it and it
works like a charm. It even will drop the URL between pre-positioned
< and > brackets, eliminating the need to delimit it with CRLFs. So
that means that you don't have to stop composing your message to go
to the web and pull down a URL. You just put the <> in where you will
want the URL to go and then put it in when you are done.

Maybe someday I will get good enough to be able to use as much as 10%
of my desktop computer's capability.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams